"This is what I feel like one of my main purposes is in life: To...INSPIRE people." .
.
I guess every time that I write poems, songs, stories, or just recount lessons that I've learned in my personal journal--my hope is that someday (even if it's after I move to Heaven!) they will be used to impact someone's life. God has really placed that desire deep within me and I want to continue growing more in Him and learning who He is; and fully experiencing his grace and love, so that my God-vocabulary is rich with clarity. In one of my New Testament classes, we were to share one or two verses that sum up how we have felt the call of God on our lives personally, and what the Bible has to say about missions. Missions-- that could be taken in quite a few different angles, hey? Well, I chose these two scriptures to explain my interpretation:
.
.
1. In Revelation 3, John, referring to the church in Laodicia, starting in verse 15 he writes God's words, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!" Then you can sense his vehement emotion, when he proclaims in verse 16, "So because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Clearly, God does not appreciate lazy, complacent followers--it actually sounds like He'd rather you not call yourself part of His family at all! But chin up--He goes on to end with a positive note: that those He rebukes and disciplines are the ones that He loves.
.
.
2. Keep that in mind while reading the last part of Mark 7:24, "...yet he could not keep his presence secret." I want God's light to be radiating so bright within me that I CAN'T KEEP HIS PRESENCE SECRET!!
.
...So my MISSION is to live a life full of passion and zeal for Christ and be so overwhelmed and filled to the brim with His presence that I can't keep this Man, who is the answer to life and hope for the world, a secret! To live a life that inspires other people to get off their butts and serve Him with everything they have because He LOVES us...that's a cause worth pursuing!
.
.
To quote one of my leaders here at college, "If you can't be a wild non-Christian, you might as well be a wild Christian!"
.
.
Choose to be HOT.
No comments:
Post a Comment