<---When I walked home from school today, it randomly hit me that I am currently residing in Sydney, Australia-- and I couldn’t stop smiling! I guess it’s because I’ve been so focused on meeting new people, getting everything in my life in order, starting school, getting familiar with the church and the area, organizing the house, making sure I have food…that I forgot to stop and think about what an amazing experience God is allowing me to live out right now. :) A common phrase heard here is “no worries.” People say it all the time, especially in response to “Thank you” or, “I’m sorry.” I like it!“So, do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” –Matthew 6:31-34
I was pulling weeds this afternoon, preparing for our house inspection on Wednesday, and getting frustrated that because it’s been so flipping hot, everything is dead in our backyard. A couple hours later, it started raining. It didn’t rain for long, but I was so thankful for the change in weather. Oh my gosh, am I ever thankful to sit on my bed and have a cool breeze blowing in the window rather than sweating to death cuz it’s too expensive to have the AC running all the time… God knows what we need--No worries!

No comments:
Post a Comment